A young British poet called Tom Roberts has just become a global sensation after penning a piece about the good things that will hopefully come out of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Within days, the poem The Great Realisation had ‘gone viral’ and attracted over 20 million views in just 48 hours. The number continues to rocket.
To put this figure into context, the best-selling poetry book of all time on Amazon has sold a mere 5 million copies in comparison. You’ll have to read on to discover what it is – you’ll be amazed.
Anyway, back to Tom.
What’s been the secret of Tom Roberts’ success?
Obviously, he’s tapped into a topic that’s resonated with the public – who doesn’t want to draw hope from the idyllic post-pandemic world he’s set out?
But subject matter aside, Tom’s creation has become a global success because he committed it to film.
And we all know what that means! Easy sharing.
The Power of Video
If you’re a budding poet, business owner, marketing manager or all three, there are some really compelling reasons to use video content in your marketing activity.
- It captures peoples’ interest in a matter of seconds.
- It allows you to communicate complex subjects in an interesting way.
- It’s long enough to grab someone’s attention … and short enough to titillate their interest for more.
- It can be diced and sliced to provide lots of different content.
- It can be used across multiple platforms – your website, eshots, social media and digital advertising campaigns.
- It enables you to convey your brand or company personality (which is much harder with the written word).
If you’re still not convinced about the power of film – or maybe you’re camera shy – here are some other reasons why we love video.. As for the best-selling book of poetry, according to Amazon, it’s ‘How the Grinch Stole Christmas!’