Quite simply, GMYN changes the lives of disadvantaged young people across Greater Manchester.
By delivering a range of programmes to young people who are either in care, care leavers or living in poverty, the charity helps them make a successful transition into adulthood.
GMYN provides support in five key ways:
- Arranging volunteering opportunities – to develop self-esteem and empathy through helping others
- Providing leadership training – to nurture confidence and develop a voice
- Holding social activities – to encourage social interaction, make friends, reduce isolation and loneliness
- Organising social action initiatives – to develop a sense of community belonging and team work
- Helping with practical skills – to promote independence by advising about money management, cooking, communication and preparation for employment
In short, GMYN helps disadvantaged young people become valuable and contributive members of society.