RMS is looking for a talented full stack Front End Developer, who is passionate about building systems that perform well, are intuitive and easy to use. Reporting to the Head of Digital and in collaboration with the wider digital team you will be integral in the successful delivery of new websites and maintenance for legacy clients.
You will have 3+ years as a front-end developer with proven experience in delivering beautiful and elegant designs to maximise user experience.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Write clean, effective, well tested code
- Deliver designs to maximise user experience
- Keep up to date with the web industry & FE Frameworks
- Performing maintenance development and correction of identified issues
- Collaborate with the Design team to help define and translate design to code
- Providing support and problem solving for existing websites
- 3+ years development experience (ideally from working in an agency environment).
- Familiarity of PHP and be competent with design tools (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop).
- You will have experience with bespoke WordPress theme development from scratch and responsive development.
- Other CMS knowledge such as MODX, Drupal and Joomla would be an advantage.
- An understanding of UI/UX design and best practices
- Ability to deliver polished experiences and clean, well-structured code to tight deadlines
- Passionate about exploring and recommending emerging digital technologies/solutions
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Work well with other team members where your ideas & opinions are valued
- A confident communicator who can liaise directly with clients over email/phone or in meetings
- Excellent time management skills
- Basic knowledge of onpage SEO (desirable)
- Salary dependant on experience £30,000 – £35,000
- 20 days holiday (plus a day off on your birthday and time off over the Christmas period)
- Healthcare plan
- Flexible working hours & home working
- Social events throughout the year & Christmas party
You will be joining a relaxed and outgoing team who are proud of their fun and vibrant environment.
This role is currently remote, however there is a requirement to meet face to face 3 – 4 times per month, or when required, and so the ideal client will live within a reasonable distance of our Altrincham office.
To apply, please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.